Thoughts on a Month

Last week marked a month with my guy, although it has really flown by. We just seem to fit and since day one have just been so darn comfortable with one another. Every day we learn more about one another and it just seems to get better and better.

But what has surprised me the most about this relationship is that we have become close friends as well. I don't need to hold back with him, I am not afraid to be myself, and I feel comfortable sharing with him everything.

Prior to J,  I never really understood women who said their partner was also their best friend. It didn't make sense to me, since I have plenty of girlfriends. Guys were for dating and girls were for friendship. But now, I get it. We have a blast hanging out, have goofy inside jokes, and are comfortable telling each other everything. And its nice to have someone who is truly interested in what you have to say and vice verse. And also appreciates one another's sarcastic senses of humor.

And we also help balance one another out. See, I'm little (ok a lot) OCD. I like to plan everything, always need my house clean, and like everything perfect all the time. I get stressed out about little things, can be a little over sensitive at times, and tend to let stuff get to me that I may just need to let go. J helps balance that out, because he is far from a neat freak, doesn't feel the need to over plan, and has a laid back super kind personality that helps calm me down when I need calming. I hate to sound cliché, but when you mesh both our of personalities, its a perfect match.

Needless to say, the future looks bright with us. There was a moment on Sunday when we were both just napping on the couch, relaxed and at peace. At that moment I realized how extraordinary blessed we are to have found one another. The future is looking very bright and I am so grateful we came into one another's lives when we did.

7 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy! You deserve an awesome guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so happy for you! Can't believe it's already been a month!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you both:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So happy for you Kelly! :) It is definitely awesome to be with your guy, who is also your best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I'm a firm believer that if you can't be friends, you shouldn't be dating. My husband IS my best friend ever. Sure I still have my girlfriends that are my best bitches but he's my ultimate. Love should always have a strong friendship foundation and an even stronger attraction and lust factor. In the later years, your physical prowess will lesson and you'll need that friendship and love to keep the bong strong :) ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad it's going well! It's the same with my husband and I. He is laid back and doesn't worry. I'm anxious and OCD. He balances me out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love hearing this!!!! Couldn't be happier for you!!! Isn't fun having your best friend around all of the time?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete